Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sick Baby :(

Sweet little Reece has been sick for over 2 weeks. We thought she was just teething but then she started with a bad cough :( I talked to her doctor while I was at work last friday and he told me to bring her in, so even though I didn't want to be the over-protective mother, I brought her in. She weighted 15 1/2 pounds, not struggling with gaining weight :) But he said her lungs had some junk in them but that fact that she's coughing is a good thing. He said to watch her over the weekend and let him know how she's doing Monday. So on Monday i called and gave him the update. She was coughing a lot harder now and was running a low grade fever, so he started her on breathing treatments. The poor little thing doesn't like them too much! It just breaks my heart to have to hold the mask to her face while she's screaming and tears are running down her cheeks :( It's so hard having a sick kid. But she is seeming to be doing a little better now. Still hates her treatments but they seem to be helping. She's so sweet though. Even though she feels terrible; watery eyes, runny nose, cough, fever, she still manages to smile and be a happy baby! She's so dang cute. She's figured out that she likes to roll over and just loves to move across our whole family room. We've had to move our furniture around so there's room for her to roam. The other night I laid her on her blanket and ran to grab something in her bedroom and when I came back she was half way under the table, on her belly with her arm around the leg talking to it. She just loves it. She'll purch herself up on her elbows and just talk, but then she starts to cough and usually ends up puking but then she's back at it. Here are some action shots :)



Nick's buddy King came to visit Reece. He hadn't seen her yet and was so excited:) He wanted a picture with his 'family'.





All tuckered out :) She's just loves having her arm or a blanket over her forehead and eyes. Cutest thing :)
Such a happy girl :)

baby blue eyes :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

It's so sad when they are sick =(
Hope she's better soon. She's such a cutie!

The Meldrum Family said...

It broke my heart when Kendall had to be under those stupid jaundice lights!! So sad to see them cry! I hope Reece gets better soon you guys need to come see us!